3/28/13

1920's Themed Artwork

I am severely behind on all internet related things, (I didn't do anything except check email for two whole weeks!) especially writing blog posts :) This post is about why!

But first, I want to say "hi" to my new followers (a little late I know).

I hope you all are enjoying spring where ever you are. Unfortunately I'm NOT. We had a lovely week of warm weather right before spring 'officially' started. But this past week has been full of snow. And annoying snow at that. The kind that doesn't even do you the kindness of sticking. Just floats around without leaving a trace on the ground. Leaving you to deal with cold and wind without letting you out of classes :P

Now that I have that out of my system, on to the purpose of this post.

Every year my church has a talent night. It always has a theme. Sometimes a musical, but more recently an era of history. So far we have done western and European WWII themes. This year the theme was the 1920's. Not the best era of history for sure, but it was fun to dress up for it! (I found out that black eye shadow does weird things to my face :P)

Anyone that knows me knows I HATE getting up in front of people and performing. I have found a lovely way around that :)  I have begun to just bring artwork that I have finished over the past year. This year however I had a new idea... I decided I would 'copy' four pieces created during the 1920's. Boy was it a lot of work (and why I haven't been on the computer). Here's what I have been working on.

'I Saw the Firgure 5 in Gold' (original by- Charles Demuth)
This one was my favorite. It was so much fun to do!

'Nature Symbolized' (original by- Arthur Dove)

'Still Life with a Beer Mug' (original by- Fernand Leger)

'Pinapple Bud' (original by- Georgia O'Keeffe)
This was my second favorite. The colors were so bright and contrasting.

After doing this project I've decided that (if I must work in color) pencil is my favorite medium. In fact I bought a big box of Prismacolor pincels to use with these drawings. I can't wait to find some other project for my new pencils!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are great! Seeing them in person was even better, too! :)

Stargirl said...

Cool art! :)