3/1/13

Pinterest Fashion Challenge {1}

   Seeing as how I did quit a few fashion posts on my old blog, I figured it was time to do one on here. 
   April over at What Makes Up My Life started this little challenge. I thought I'd join in this week. 
The idea is to find an outfit you pinned on pinterest. Then go through your closet and see how you can recreate the same look. Here are some of April's older posts: week 1, week 2, and week 4

Click the photo below to see April's outfit this week and join in!

As I went through my board looking for outfits I could do I realized a few things. One, most of the outfits incorporate items that I don't own but want to find. Or, they are very spring/summer outfits. I also realized that I like plaid, cardigans, and maxi skirts. All of which I could use more of. I've been wanting to go shopping recently anyway...

Today I'm going to be mimicking this outfit. One of the obvious changes I will be making is changing it from a summer/spring look to a winter look.


Here's my version:



skirt- Belk
cami- Target
cardigan- Kohl's
flats- hand-me-down
earrings- Claire's
necklace- handmade by a friend
purse- borrowed from a sister (not pictured)
(it was a small black cross body bag)



If you would like you can follow my fashion pinterest board here.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! :D This got me all excited! I love that someone else is taking part! I hope we can get this to spread and encourage other women to get creative with their outfits by using Pinterest for inspiration rather than covetousness. :)

R's Rue said...

Great job!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com