2/26/13

My Life Recently

I thought I'd share a bit about the recent happenings in my life.

Back in January I moved. That was quite an adventure, though fun. While moving I ran across a ton of stuff I though was lost. Plus some books I hadn't seen in years. Here are some pictures of our new house.



Moving gave me  an excellent opportunity to go through my stuff, throw out some of it, and reorganize the rest of it. (I love to organize my stuff during my spare time!)

Our new bedroom is huge. Which is nice since I share with three other sisters. All of my school stuff, crafting supplies, and books are now in one room. Much more convenient!



We also got quite a bit of land... including woods and a creek. I can't wait till summer so I can get in the water!





Then came problems with the weather. And it didn't even let us finish moving in first :) Rain, rain, and more rain. Our creek flooded and our back yard looked like a swamp. Even our driveway was covered, leaving some of us 'stranded' for a while. Then came the snow. Then a week of more snow, freezing rain, nice 70's weather, a tornado watch, and last (but definitely NOT least) worse flooding than before. Thankfully this all happened back in January/ beginning of February. We've had pleasant weather since then.

More recntly I started reading North and South (Elizabeth Gaskell) and The Circle series (Ted Dekker). I'm enjoying both of them. Though they can be slow at times. So far I think I definitely prefer the mini series for North and South over the book. I've also been watching some new (and old) films/shows. Like Merlin and Horatio Hornblower.




I'm also watching The Fellowship of the Ring for the umpteenth time (and falling in love with my favorite characters all over again). Which reminds me, I need to reread the book again!

So that's all I've had going on lately. What about ya'll?






1 comment:

Shannon said...

These past few months have indeed flown by so fast... your new home is so lovely! I am sure that your family is enjoying it. ;)
Ah... Elizabeth Gaskell and Lord of the Rings... two things I can't put down either! They are simply captivating!

Blessings,
~Shannon~